Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good Friends and Frying Pans


One of my good friends from college, Jessica, studied in Spain spring semester of this past school year. Since we hadn't seen her for about 5 months, a group of us met her 1/2 way between here and where she lives (way back in June -- yeah for backlogged blog posts!) at the Brandon frying pan. I've always wanted to see this silly pan, so I made sure to bring my camera. I have to admit, pulling up it wasn't as impressive as I had always hoped. Regardless, it was fun to see Jessica and have a nice picnic dinner in the grass.

After dinner, we took a few pictures...








If you haven't seen this "Iowa Wonder" and you're looking for a silly adventure, I say take an hour or two, pack a lunch, and check it out. Doesn't everyone need a picture of themselves standing in a giant pan?

P.s. The sign next to the pan said they built it to promote their cowboy breakfast. Some promotion, huh?

1 comment: