So, here's a recap of life since January since I've neglected to fill my readers (if I have any left) in on all the details!
I started my semester January 9th with my first student teaching placement. It was in a small school where my cooperating teacher was the only Social Studies teacher for the whole high school. It was an amazing experience and I think about my former students a lot as I've moved onto my second placement. I learned a lot from this experience about planning and teaching as I was responsible for preparing for 5 subjects: US History, World History, Geography, Economics, and a Current Events class. The kids were so great and so were the teachers at the school. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful first placement! My first placement ended March 2nd and I got a week off to work on my TWS and then another week for spring break.
Apparently somewhere in my chaos, my roommate Hannah brought back some Krispy Kreme donuts from a trip to Kansas City and I felt the need to photograph them. Salivate and be jealous. ;)
Feburary 16th I got to celebrate two of my roommates birthdays, Hannah and Beth, by grabbing dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was only the second time I had eaten there and it was delicious. Their wings are also cheaper on Thursday evenings, so that was an added perk!
Way back on February 18th, I went to the Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean concert at the Dome. I don't know that I have ever seen so many flannel shirts and rednecks in a room. I also don't know if I care to ever see it again. The concert was good and I had fun with the two girls I went with, but the amount of alcohol and PDA that was going on around me left something to be desired. But alas, I was there for the music and Luke and Jason didn't fail to perform. I do have to say that the influx of 23,000 people here in town made cell service, finding a place to park in my apartment parking lot, and managing to eat in a restaurant here in town slightly difficult. Made me appreciate the size CF usually is!
Between February 18th and March 3rd I spent most of my time at school or planning for school or grading papers. I did get to spend a Friday evening helping Molly put together her wedding invitations. It was a fun night and I really enjoyed getting to spend some time being crafty since I don't have much time to do so anymore. The invites turned out great and I'm getting very excited for the wedding since it is less than 2 months away!
March 3rd I co-threw a shower for Molly. We went with a vintage and desserts theme and it went really well. The guests seemed to have a good time and Molly didn't hold it against us when we had her play the question/answer game with gum. Molly also came out with a lot of great gifts for here and Seth to use in the very near future.

This brings us up to spring break. Most of my break was spent at home working on lesson plans and my TWS, but I did get to do a few fun things. The first Saturday of break we all went and picked our bridesmaid dresses. They look so nice in the blue and mine just needs to be taken in a bit. Wednesday of spring break my mom, sister and I took a day trip to Des Moines. I got an interview suit (if you hear of a good social studies opening -- call me!!!) and a few accessories from Forever 21. The last Friday and Saturday of break Sarah, Molly, and I headed to Decorah for another shower for Molly. This one was thrown by her family. We stayed the night in a hotel Friday and spent the night on their main street, which had a JcPennys, and ate at Mabes. We also swam in the hotel pool. The next morning was the shower and once again, Molly got some great gifts!


Monday of this past week I started my second student teaching placement. The week started out a little rough for me personally as I got about 2 hours of sleep Sunday night due to a nasty cold. I survived my first couple days and felt much better by Wednesday. So far, the kids have been great and I am loving this experience. I get to teach about the Greeks and Romans in one class and have always wanted to so I am loving the creativity I can use for this content in my lesson plans. It is also fun to hear how much these kids notice my apperance. Not a day went by this week where there wasn't a 7th grade girl complimenting my hair or my clothes. It does do something for the confidence! :) I'll be sure to keep you all posted as my experience continues.
Tuesday of this week I handed in my teacher work sample. This is a giant paper reviewing a unit I taught at my first placement. Not including my appendix, mine ended up being about 46 pages long. It was a huge relief to hand in and my site coordinator was nice enough to bring Scratch Cupcakes to celebrate!
Last night I went to a Needtobreathe concert, but seeing as this post has gotten very long and I need to be off making work sheets and grading papers I'll save that post for the next day or so.
I would just like to say congratulations to anyone who made it to the bottom of this post. I promise to not stay way as long as I have been and you will hear from me much more often and very soon!
Thanks for the catch-up!! And I made it to the bottom! Love you! Mom
ReplyDelete