Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Things to Do on Grown-Up Snow Days

I'm not going to lie. Even as a working adult, I'm still a sucker for a good snow day. I love getting that phone call, resetting my alarm, and rolling back over to get some sleep. Even though I've been told that I now live in the "Florida Keys of Iowa" I have gotten a snow day the past two Tuesdays. Being a bit of a dork, I documented some of the things that I did.


Make massive to-do lists including the smallest of tasks so you feel accomplished
Watched Law and Order: SVU all day
Baked brownies since my oven is finally fixed
Surfed Pinterest for new recipes and crafts
Ventured out in the snow to pay rent and scoop off the front stoop
Eat like you're an elementary school kid
Try out one of your new recipes from Pinterest (post to follow)
Grade papers and prep for another school day
Clean, especially since it normally gets neglected during the week!
Repot African Violets on the floor of your living room

While there's a lot more that I did like dishes, getting groceries, and reading for fun, this is just a small list of some of the things I enjoyed on my day off.

What do you like to do on a snow day?

No comments:

Post a Comment