Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update de la Leah

I promised an update, and as promised here it is! I hope it was everything you were waiting for and more. ;)

Last Friday I rode around in a street legal golf cart with my friends Ali and Abby. This is us going through the drive through at McDonalds. Abby's dad is the golf pro at Pheasant Ridge and he let us use this bad boy. It was really fun. Especially going over the speed bumps on Pheasant Drive over and over. This cart came equipped with seat belts, windshield wipers, a license plate, lights, and a rear view mirror. Lots of fun and lots of laughs!


I planted my own "garden." It consists of seeds from the dollar section at target put into various pots from my dads collection. I probably planted it all a little too late, but I'm excited to see how it goes. My "garden" currently resides at my parents, so thanks to them for taking care of it for me!


I said goodbye to three of my cactuses (not a word, I know). I bought these when I visited my grandparents over my spring break in 2009. Unfortunately, four out of the five seem to have perished and we threw them away. One of them even completely separated itself from the dirts (as shown above). I kept the petting cactus in an attempt to revive it. Sigh, hopefully this isn't how my garden turns out. In good cactus news, the aloe vera plant one of my grandparents friends gave me is still thriving. I'm hoping to bring it to my apartment to join my roommate Claire's plants that now reside in our front window.


I've been trying to read this book like mad! I put it off being busy with school work and now the movie has been out for almost 3 weeks! I refuse to see it until I finish and I'm about half way through. Everyone I know has seen it, so when I finish if anyone wants to accompany me to the movie, let me know! My goal is to finish it in the next two days so I can see it this weekend. Next on the reading list is the 7th Harry Potter. Better get that done before I get heckled from the peanut gallery for having not read that yet either.


I'm still diligently watching Dawson's Creek. I'm now 2/3ds of the way done with the 3rd season, which I'm sure my sister is happy to know since she's itching to keep watching. I am also officially the owner of all 6 seasons. I just couldn't help myself! I got the first two in a 2 pack deal for 20 dollars and got the 3rd for my birthday. My friend Leah informed me that Walmart had all the seasons in 2 packs for 20 dollars, so I rushed out and got the 5 and 6 set. Season 4 is expected in the mail this week! (Text me when that comes mom ;))


I actually left Cedar Falls yesterday. I had a doctors appointment in Iowa City and my roommates came along. Claire's grandpa is in the hospital there so she visited him while I was at my appointment and my other roommate Hannah read in the lobby (and I guess she watched a little Ratatouille too!). After the hospital we headed to Coralridge Mall where we ate lunch at Bennigans and proceeded to shop for way too many hours. After the mall we headed to the scrapbook store (mostly for my enjoyment). On our way out of town we decided to stop for ice cream. Whiteys ice cream is super good so we punched it in the Garmin and had ourselves a little adventure finding it. It was well worth it though. Yum, yum, yum. After we got back we watched The Hills series finale (since we had gotten hooked on the marathons over the weekend) and watched A Beautiful Mind (excellent movie for those who haven't seen it).

Whew! You made it to the end! Hope all is well with you and until next time...

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha I love this post. I will be willing to go see the new eclipse movie with you sometime! I've seen it but I don't want to you to go alone!! ;) I would prefer during the day so it's a little cheaper?? And I wish you luck on your garden. It reminds me of our little dorm room and our plants... that sadly died during the winter. :(

    ReplyDelete