As I was spending more time on Pinterest (than again, who doesn't if you have one?) I came across this pin from my friend Leah about saving money each week for 1 year. Since I'm just starting out paying for things on my own and with my first job we could say that my savings account is at a less than ideal number. Because of this, I've decided to start the challenge myself. My bank already deposits money into my savings once per month, but I think the idea of myself being intentional about my savings is great.
Below is the schedule for saving money. On the original site, they put the money in a jar, but I've decided to put it directly from checking into savings online as I don't feel like a jar full of money sitting around is all that smart and/or safe.
Also, as another note, it's my goal to actually save double for each week. So for week 1, instead of putting 1 dollar into savings I'll put 2. So, tonight is my first night saving. I'm going back and putting in money for the last 2 weeks. It's my goal to do this each Sunday evening.
So, any of you out there with me on this endeavor? I figure it goes with one of my New Year's resolutions to budget and save, and by posting my goal on here you all have to hold me accountable.
Let me know if you join in! Thanks to this site for the idea.

This is a great idea!! You can do it!
ReplyDelete