Friday, May 17, 2013

Personal Flower Friday

This afternoon I took a 1/2 personal day so I could plant some flowers. I've been looking forward to the day that I got a place where I actually had room to put flowers and I was sure drunk college kids wouldn't destroy them!

I'm sure my love of flowers comes from my parents. Ever since I can remember we have had a massive garden each summer and our house was surrounded by pretty flowers. One memory that I love is my sister and I planting marigolds in front of our building in the back yard each spring. It was fun to plant and watch them grow, even though I owe my parents a thanks for taking care of them after the initial planting.

This year, the planting and watering is all on me! I did have to call my parents for advice a couple times, but overall I did this mostly on my own. It was a little tricky finding flowers that worked since my backyard is mostly shade. Thanks to my cousins for the free plant rack and a Sunday morning with a can of spray paint, this problem was quickly remedied.

Enjoy the fruits of my labor. I can't wait to see how they grow this summer!

 Double Impatiens "Sparkler Salmon"

 Fuchsia -- LOVE this. The pictures don't do the colors justice!

New Shepard's hook out back!

 In the large cedar tumbler: Begonia's in Batik, Neja Dark, and Blitz as well as English Ivy
The small pot on the left: Double Impatiens
Green pot on right: Marigolds "Safari Bolero"

 Tin bucket on the left: Dusty miller, Pentas "New Look Rose", Celosia, and Snapdragon "Montego Orange bicolor"
Tin bucket on the right: variety of Pansies

 On the Left: Two Roma tomato plants
On the Right (my favorite pot!): Purslane which my dad knows as Rose Moss and apparently is a weed?

Top Shelf (left to right): Gerber Daisies, ???, and Lantana "Sunrise Rose Improved"
Next Shelf (left to right): Ageratum hybrid "Artist Blue" and Superbells "Lemon Slice"
Next Shelf: Mixed pot of Marigolds, Celosia, Pansy, and Purslane on left and Snapdragon, dusty miller and celosia
Bottom Shelf (left to right): Snapdragon, Center pot is two celosia and one purslane, Geranium (LOVE this color)



No comments:

Post a Comment