Having a summer of no school or work has been fun. I've been able to relax, do some projects, visit friends, and test my cooking and baking skills.
This recipe is modeled off of a couple ideas I found on the internets when I got a hankering for homemade fries last night. There's really no measuring, just guessing and baking and burning your finger when the pot holder slips.
Enjoy!
You will need the following:
Olive oil (or Vegetable oil)
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Oregano
Garlic Powder (or salt)
Any other seasonings you think would taste good would be fine...remember it's called "guess as you go"
Two good sized potatoes (I used Idaho...a lot of things online say to use Russet...but a potato is a potato, right?)
Large ziploc baggie
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash and cut your potatoes into strips. I cut mine in half and then in half and then into strips.
3. This next part is real fun. You dump the potato strips into a ziploc baggie, pour on a little olive oil, and sprinkle on your seasonings. No measuring, just sprinkle till you think it looks good. I put some on, decided it wasn't enough and added more. Next, shake the bag to make sure all strips are covered.
4. Spread your coated strips onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake at 450 for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, flip the fries with a spatula so each side is baking equally. This also helps them to crisp up. After 30 minutes, the fries should be done!
6. Lastly, EAT YO FRENCH FRIES! They will be yummy and melt in your mouth. I dunked mine in plenty of ketchup and ate them as a side to my homemade Maid-Rites (recipe here).
If you decide to make these, let me know what type of seasonings you decided to use! Next time I'm tempted to add some parsley and maybe some Lowery's!
YUM!
ReplyDelete