Happy first day of fall. Fall is my favorite season so to honor the first day of fall, I've decided to post a list of why I love fall so much. :) Also, I've changed my blog background into a fall appropriate theme. ;)
I can't leave this post picture of videoless (you should know that by now). My roommate showed this to me and I'll agree with her when she says, "It's so cool!" Hope it puts a smile on your face!
- It is perfect jeans and sweatshirt weather. I would take jeans over shorts any day and the weather is still cool enough to avoid a bulky coat. I also feel comfiest in jeans and a sweatshirt and to wear them without being to hot (since I HATE being hot) is bliss.
- The leaves! It's all so red and orange and wonderful. Besides, who doesn't have a wonderful leaf memory? I remember one fall my sister and I raked our leaves into a big oval on the front lawn. We then proceeded to call it our "track". I think we also convinced dad to leave it longer than he should and as a result we did experience some dead grass. But it was still so much fun!
- Bonfires. S'mores, fire, and friends. Love it! I know you can have these in the summer, but I enjoy them so much more in the fall when the warmth of the fire is actually welcomed.
- No bad weather (usually). I hate thunderstorms and signs of fall mean the potential for them and all that comes with them is typically gone. And, while I also love winter, you don't have to worry about driving in snow...yet.
- Apple cider. I stopped in the Union on break during my night class this week and found they were selling apple cider. Apple cider is so wonderful. I think if fall could actually taste like something it would taste like apple cider. Can't wait to get to the grocery store and buy a jug.
- No humidity. I already talked about the weather, but this deserves a number of its own. Having naturally curly (and sometimes frizzy) hair, I love it when the humidity leaves the air. It makes it so much easier to have every day be a good hair day. And I can whip out the straighter without fear. ;)
- Pumpkin bars. My roommate has said she's going to make these. I'm not a big pumpkin person, but pumpkin bars I love. There is currently a large can of pumpkin on our counter and I can't wait! And, I love cream cheese frosting. :D Oh, and candy corn!
- Change. I feel like fall presents so much potential for change. We've gone back to school and I think the sign of fall just raises peoples spirits and maybe gives them a boost to do something they haven't done before. I sure know fall makes me smile. I know it does for my sister, especially since it's a sign her birthday is coming!
I can't leave this post picture of videoless (you should know that by now). My roommate showed this to me and I'll agree with her when she says, "It's so cool!" Hope it puts a smile on your face!
P.S. Happy Hump Day!
(That means Happy Wednesday for those of you who don't know ;))
(That means Happy Wednesday for those of you who don't know ;))
I saw these just today, so I havent tried it out yet, but with your love of pumpkin, you might give it a shot!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2010/09/22/its-the-great-pumpkin-hoarder-charlie-brown/
I love fall for many of the same reasons you do! And Ok Go has some of the best videos out there. AND- now I'm craving pumpkin. I have a recipe for white chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that is amazing... may have to pull that one out soon!
ReplyDelete