Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mo-NO!



Yup, that's right. Mono is a possibility. Ever since Sunday I have had a sore throat. I went to the health clinic here on campus on Monday, and was told I was just getting a bad cold. It made sense at the time since my tonsils weren't swollen and two of my roommates had recently been sick.

Turns out, my throat kept feeling worse and no cold ever came. Yesterday I woke up and found a white spot on one of my tonsils. Hmm... I decided to go get checked back out. Today I head to the family doctor where they do a throat swab (my least favorite doctor thing ever!). The preliminary test came back negative for strep, but they are going to call on Monday with the culture results (what ever that means). I guess the fast test is only 85% accurate or something.

Anyways, I'm now on an antibiotic over the weekend none the less. If the culture comes back negative, the antibiotic doesn't seem to be helping, and my throat is still sore I'm supposed to get tested for mono. Especially considering my age and the fact that I'm in college and around a lot of people. Super excited? No. The only mono "symptom" I've had is a sore throat. I haven't felt extra tired or anything else, so lets just hope the antibiotics work. Send those healthy vibes my way! :) (And hope my roommates stay healthy too!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh-NO! Hope it just ends up being a sore throat!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, agree with Becky. From someone that had mono twice... yes, twice. I still cringe when I even here those four little letters.

    ReplyDelete