Monday, March 7, 2011

Lonestar Homecoming by Colleen Coble


Lonestar Homecoming

By: Colleen Coble

Gracie Lister is on the run with her daughter, Hope. She has nothing to her name except the purse she managed to grab on the way out the door and the wedding dress on her back. To escape, Gracie returns to Texas, a place she left for very personal reasons many years ago. Here, at the train station, she meets Michael Wayne, veteran soldier. Despite the fact that neither is looking for love, the two begin to form a bond and must join together to fight off the demons of their pasts. For Gracie this means her ex-fiance who is now wanted by the FBI and Michael must work to come out of his soldier shell and become the father he never was. Working together, the two must protect their newly forged family.

As a reader, I loved this book. It had my attention from page one. Lonestar Homecoming would be a great read for those who prefer books that get right to the action, as Colleen Coble didn’t waste any time. As a genre, I would define this book as a suspenseful romance. Michael and Gracie fall in love under interesting and tense circumstances, yet their romance still gave me those excited butterflies. I really appreciated the fact that Colleen Coble didn’t make their romance raunchy, the way it can be in so many books today. The love between Gracie and Michael was tender and something to strive for. It would be a book that I would allow my teenage daughter to read, if I had one.

Knowing this book would have an underlying theme of Christianity to it, I was apprehensive if faith would be shoved down my throat as the reader. I was so pleased to find that that this was totally avoided. While faith was a prevalent subject, it never felt forced and when discussed fit smoothly into the story line. I loved the use of the Prodigal Son parable in connection to the plot line. In my humble opinion, the book was very well written, was smooth and easy to follow, and is worth recommending to those looking for a good romance that keeps you on your toes!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


P.S. I would like to submit this as an apology to the BookSneeze program. I received my copy of Lonestar Homecoming months ago and failed to read and review in a timely manner. Thanks for having patience with me and still allowing me to be part of the program!

1 comment:

  1. That book sounds interesting! I may have to try to find that book and read it!! :)

    ReplyDelete