Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back to the Smoothies

If you had forgotten, I got this really awesome smoothie book last summer. Well, now that the weather is getting warmer I've been craving smoothies all over again! This past weekend I got to go home and whipped up a new recipe for my family! Here's the recipe! :)

Pineapple Tango
Serves 3-4


Ingredients:
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
scant 1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 peaches, sliced and frozen
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
ice, enough for desired consistency


Directions:

  1. Pour the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and water into a food processor or blender. Add 1/2 the sugar and yogurt, and process until blended.
  2. Add frozen peaches and pineapple chunks, and process until smooth.
  3. Add remaining sugar and gradually add ice until desired consistency is reached.
  4. Pour into glasses, serve and enjoy!

Typically I take a picture of the finished product, but I forgot this time! I was so focused on the pour, serve and enjoy step that I spaced the picture. The smoothie did get rave reviews from all of my family members. At first, I was unsure, but the more I ate it the more I enjoyed it. One thing I really enjoyed about this smoothie was the lack of seeds. Sometimes in smoothies when there is berries there are a lot of seeds which I don't enjoy. This smoothie was still fruity, refreshing, and didn't have seeds! :)

Overall, this smoothie wins:
4 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Boaz gets all flustered with seeds in his smoothies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete