Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer to Do Review

Since today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday and then Monday is the first day of school (okay get the Rebecca Black song out of your head), I've decided that it is time to review My Official Summer to Do list. It's depressing how fast this summer went and how little I feel I accomplished off my list. I've decided that within the next few days, I'm also going to create some goals or "to do's" for the up coming school year and hopefully do them more justice. To check things off of my list, I've bolded the phrase and for those 1/2 accomplished I've placed it in italics. For some, I've also added some comments below each number in parenthesis!


Leah's Summer of 2011 Official To Do List:
1. Run 2-3 times a week
(Let's not even discuss how bad I was at this one..)
2. Review at least 1 book a month on the blog
(I was good at this for the first 2 months, then failed for July and August...)
3. Read a minimum of 6 "fun" books
4. Bike rides
(Pretty good at the beginning of the summer, not so good later. Very lazy traveling from my apartment to home to actually go for a ride)
5. Run the Sturgis Falls 5K
(See number 1...)
6. Turn 21
7. Watch my sister graduate
8. Work
9. Make lots of cards
(My mother will tell you on this one that I've made the cards, but done a poor job packaging and selling the cards...)
10. Promote my woodblock projects
(Maybe this year)
11. Drink more water
(I feel I've done better. Not spectacular, but better. Especially on those days that were so hot!)
12. Cook one new recipe a week
(One of those started but not finished things)
13. Host a bonfire
(Check, on the 4th of July!)
14. Go to the pool
(I got a new suit, but wasn't ever able to make it to the pool!)
15. Taylor Swift Concert on May 29th
(Triple check!!)
16. Lots and lots of Bucks games
(Went to several at the beginning of the summer, and lacked towards the end)
17. Go to movies with Liz and Tori
(We did make it to two)
18. Take pictures
(Merrhh...)
19. Stay up late and sleep in
20. Rent lots and lots of movies
21. Watch Friends in its entirety
22. Go to Sugarland at the State Fair
(Sort of glad I didn't buy tickets after they canceled due to the horrible stage collapse!)
23. Go to Maroon 5 at the State Fair
24. Help my sister get ready for Prom
25. Help my sister move into her dorm
(Interesting story on this one for another post)
26. Visit Clinton, IA
27. Visit Sally in Des Moines
28. Play with my little kid friends
29. Skype with Sarah in Spain
(We didn't actually see each other, but she called via Skype so I'm counting it!)
30. Volunteer somewhere
(I did help at church a couple Sundays)
31. Blog 2-3 times a week
(Sorry guys, slipped up on this one!)
32. Golf with my cousin Spencer
33. Movie nights with Leah B.
(Sad this didn't get properly accomplished)
34. Take a distance learning sociology class with Cassie
35. Work my way through my smoothie book
36. Go to the Franklin County Fair
(Boo work!)
37. Do something outside of my comfort zone
38. Have a roommate bonding day
39. Hang out with friends, a lot!
40. Have an adventure

See what I mean? Slightly depressing I didn't accomplish more. I guess it just gives me more motivation to accomplish everything I put on the list for the school year. Happy Last Days of Summer to those who go back to school Monday. For those already back to school, I'm sorry. And to those who don't have to go back, well, boo on you. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed about our lack of hanging out this summer as well! I vote movie nights during the school year! To destress and such!! :)

    ReplyDelete