Sunday, November 6, 2011

This Week

Here's my heads-up blog post of things to look out for on the blog this week...

1. Some cutie pictures of me playing in the leaves the night before my sister was born.

2. My student teaching placement!

3. New (or maybe old to you) country music. I've been on a bit of a kick!

4. A new "things to make" blog post from pinterest.

5. A general update of my life since I've been a major slacker in the blog department.

And just so I don't leave you with a boring list of things to look forward to, here's a yummy recipe I whipped up really quickly last night to take to a bonfire. Great way to use up some of that Halloween candy (or an excuse to buy some on sale) this time of the year. Found at Pillsbury.com, but I modified it by adding an extra 1/2 cup of Golden Grahams, an extra candy bar, and not putting in the nuts.

Candy Bar Meltaways



1 tube (16.5 oz) Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
14 Candy Bars (nougat or caramel -- I went with Milky Ways)
1 Cup Golden Grahams, crushed

1. Heat oven to 375. Press cookie dough into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Lightly flour hands if necessary. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
2. While cookie is baking, open and cut candy bars into 1/4 inch pieces. Also, crush Golden Grahams.
3. Place candy pieces on cookie crust. Put back in oven for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Use a spatula to spread across cookie crust.
4. Sprinkle Golden Grahams over cookie/candy combination. Lightly press cereal into bars.
5. Cool and serve with a tall glass of milk!

1 comment: