Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DIY: Valentine Wreath

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I hope to get the blog up and running consistently again. I know you've heard that before, but I've got a new camera and some projects and adventures up my sleeve.

Today, I'm bringing you the world's easiest DIY Valentine wreath. It took me one episode of Orange is the New Black on Netflix to make, and would probably have taken less if I remembered to plug in my glue gun that takes forever to heat up.

I did, how ever forget to take pictures of the before and during process, so all I have for you are after shots.


1. Head to your local craft store to buy your supplies. I used:
  • 2 -15 foot rolls of chevron burlap ribbon 
  • a package of crochet flowers
  • a package of red flowers
  • Valentine extras...I found the two red hearts in the valentine decor section 
  • The white ribbon I had from a previous project
  • Straw wreath form
2. Wrap the burlap ribbon around the wreath form. Leave the plastic wrap on so it holds its shape. I never used any glue as the burlap ribbon is pretty good at holding its form.


3. Lay out your flowers, Valentine items, and anything else you decide to use. Once you have the placement how you want it, use a hot glue gun to adhere.




4. Lastly, use some white ribbon (or some other color) to tie a nice bow at the top and create a loop to hang, if you need.




How easy is that? The longest part of the process for me was coming up with an idea and making a decision. Plus, the fact that everything is pre-made makes this project about 10 times easier. The total cost of my whole wreath ended up being about $28.00. A little more than my usual cost since most of the items were pre-made, but worth it in the end. 

Stay warm and happy crafting! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment