Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All Hail the Hail!

If you weren't paying attention, yesterday in Cedar Falls we had what I would consider to be a MASSIVE hail storm. The entire time I was at work (alone -- which for those of you who know me and how much I dislike stormy weather -- which was an extremely traumatic experience) watching out of the front window. It was a pretty funny sight seeing all the downtown employees faces pressed up against their front windows.

During the storm, I whipped out my cell phone and snapped a few pictures. They are all posted below, if the quality isn't that great, remember it was only on a cell phone. ;) The last picture is a couple pieces of hail that I ran out and grabbed (after it slowed down of course). I wish I would have thought to take a picture with a ruler or something! I tried to take a picture of the big ole dent on the roof at my car, but since it hasn't stopped raining and my car is white it makes this task slightly difficult. As for the dent, good thing we have insurance!

I sent one of the pictures to my friend Sally during the storm and told her it looked like it was snowing. Her response, "Holy Smokes!"

After you look at the pictures, leave a comment of your experience with the hail. I would love to hear your stories! :)






1 comment:

  1. We were at parent/teacher conferences @ Holmes & within 1 minute, every parent was on their cell phone either getting a call from their kids or the Code Red system - or both! Lots of dented cars... sorry to hear about yours! :(

    ReplyDelete