Friday, April 9, 2010

Egg-citing Flashback

For this weeks flashback, we're traveling back to 2 different time periods in 3 different pictures, that's right 3. I decided since I've been depriving you lately, I would do my best to make up for it. I also decided that since Easter was just last week, I would present you with some Easter pictures. :)

Each year my mom lets Hannah (my sister) and I get a new outfit to wear to church on Sunday. Then each Easter morning, we wake up, find our Easter baskets (yes we still get them :D), and get dressed in our new clothes. After church, we come home and mom always has to take our picture. This year we actually forgot. This is the first year since I can remember that we haven't taken a picture. The following two pictures are Hannah and I in some of our Easter duds. The first picture is probably sometime around 1997 and the second is probably when I was in 6th grade.

Do you like the hat to match the dress?

Perfectly posed by the wonderfully decorated Easter tree!

Another Easter tradition around our house used to be dying eggs. We haven't done it in a couple years as Hannah and I have gotten older and busier, but I remember LOVING doing it and always finding it so funny that the die even dyed the hard-boiled part. :) Please ignore the less then stylish barrettes in my hair. This was an awkward stage in my life as I was working to grow out my bangs. ;)



Hope you all had lovely Easters. If you and your family have any special traditions, feel free to comment and share. I would love to hear about it! :)

1 comment:

  1. We had similar traditions! We always got new outfits for the day, found baskets, and dyed eggs. Then we always had a big Easter Sunday dinner after church. (Which wasn't too different from every other Sunday, I suppose. Did you guys ever put cherries on your ham? That was a big deal at Easter for us!) I think you and Hannah are going to have to recreate this year's picture just so you can say you have one from every year!!

    ReplyDelete