Yup, you read that correct. As of 5 minutes ago I finished typing the last question to my take home test and plan on turning it and my teacher work sample in ASAP in the morning. Needless to say, I don't think I've studied so hard for a week of finals my whole college career. It's not that my other finals haven't been study-worthy, but this semesters tests and papers seemed to deem more of my attention. So now, as I sit here exhausted running on about 7 or less hours of sleep that past few nights, I'm to excited to go to bed. Instead, I've decided to put down all my "summer to-do" ideas that have been floating in my head these past few weeks as I've anticipated this moment of freedom.
First, I must start a list of the few pressing things that have been neglected in my recent fury of studying.
1. Paint my toenails
2. Clean my bedroom
3. Take home my winter clothes
4. Return pop cans
5. Dishes
6. Laundry
7. Reward myself for a job well done with time spent in Barnes and Noble with some Starbucks hot chocolate.
Okay, now the last one isn't as "pressing", but I think I deserve it.
Onto Summer...
Leah's Summer of 2011 Official To Do List:
1. Run 2-3 times a week
2. Review at least 1 book a month on the blog
3. Read a minimum of 6 "fun" books
4. Bike rides
5. Run the Sturgis Falls 5K
6. Turn 21
7. Watch my sister graduate
8. Work
9. Make lots of cards
10. Promote my woodblock projects
11. Drink more water
12. Cook one new recipe a week
13. Host a bonfire
14. Go to the pool
15. Taylor Swift Concert on May 29th
16. Lots and lots of Bucks games
17. Go to movies with Liz and Tori
18. Take pictures
19. Stay up late and sleep in
20. Rent lots and lots of movies
21. Watch Friends in its entirety
22. Go to Sugarland at the State Fair
23. Go to Maroon 5 at the State Fair
24. Help my sister get ready for Prom
25. Help my sister move into her dorm
26. Visit Clinton, IA
27. Visit Sally in Des Moines
28. Play with my little kid friends
29. Skype with Sarah in Spain
30. Volunteer somewhere
31. Blog 2-3 times a week
32. Golf with my cousin Spencer
33. Movie nights with Leah B.
34. Take a distance learning sociology class with Cassie
35. Work my way through my smoothie book
36. Go to the Franklin County Fair
37. Do something outside of my comfort zone
38. Have a roommate bonding day
39. Hang out with friends, a lot!
40. Have an adventure
Wow, that list was way longer than I thought it would be. I'm sure there's more that I'll add. If I do, I'll be sure to notify ya and link back to this post. When I cross something off my list, it's my goal to post about it on here so you all know how it went. I should accomplish a few of these things here this weekend since Hannah has prom! I'm super excited to get to do the big sister thing if she lets me.
Regardless of the length, any suggestions for things to put on my list? Any movies you recommend I rent? Any good books to read? Let me know your thoughts.
Tonight, I'll leave you with the song I play every year summer becomes official. I know I posted it last year, but it's tradition. Sigh, breathing easier already...
I like #28!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete