Monday, June 21, 2010

Mumbo Jumbo

Once again I feel as if I have failed you, my readers. I've neglected this blog. Yes, yes, I've posted the occasional video, but it's not as good as actually "hearing" from me right? Well, you'll get an update now, although it may end up to be a bit of mumbo jumbo!

I actually haven't been up to much lately. Just homework for my online class and working. The homework for my online class, while not difficult, is often time consuming which can be frustrating since it's not worth a lot of points. As for work, it's been keeping me busy! I've been putting in more hours at Twin Oaks between additional summer hours and teaching classes. This past weekend we had sidewalk sales which is always a good time. This summer I've also been working at Tropical Sno. I worked there the summer before my senior year, and it's been fun to go back just a few hours a week. I actually lost my first sno cone, as in the top fell off, this past week. It fell on my shoe, fortunately before I put too much flavor on! I also got my first day off due to bad weather. I spent that evening at my apartment with my roommates watching pointless TV and making homemade milkshakes. The recipe for that? Sure...

Leah's Old Fashioned Milkshake

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp. Malted Milk Powder
2/3 box of vanilla ice cream
1/2 cupish of milk
chocolate syrup to taste

Add 1/3 of the ice cream, milk, and 1/2 the milk powder. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ice cream and remaining milk powder. Blend until smooth. Then add the chocolate syrup to taste, blending until mixed evenly. Serve. Makes 3 8-10 ounce milkshakes.

It amazes me that as I read back through this blog post, I don't feel like I've done much, but I sit here and wonder where all the time has gone? I don't know what I've been doing that takes up so much time, but it certainly keeps me busy! I can sit here and think of odds and ends I need to add to my to do list! Hope this didn't bore you to death! Just wanted a "verbal" update so you all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I'm off to pick up season 3 of Dawson's from home since it came in the mail today and maybe make a little dinner.

Since there's a lack of pictures in this post (once again) I'm going to leave you with a couple videos. I'm not one that often watches the Discovery Channel, but it's amazing the things you watch with your roommates. Saturday night I found myself watching Man Vs. Wild. The second commercial below came up and I thought it was so cool. I happened across the first one when I was looking for the link to the first one and thought it was cool too. Do watch the first one first and the second one second instead of the order I saw them. It will make sense when you see them! Also, as you watch I'm pretty sure a lot of the people singing in them are from various Discovery Channel shows!




1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen that second commercial before... I like that one, too!

    ReplyDelete