Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wasting Time

On my way home from a friends tonight (actually she's staying in the dorms supervising kids at a golf camp) it started lightening. I come into my apartment and check the radar and sure enough it's going to rain! If any of you know me, you know how much I dislike thunderstorms, so I've decided to put off attempting to sleep through it (since I know I'll only lay awake) and waste a little time blogging until it passes through.

Once again I must apologize for my lack of attention to this blog. I worked everyday this past week and threw in a little birthday celebrating (I'm 20 now!?) and still had to find time to do my homework! Let's just say the past few weeks I've found little time to relax (though my mother and father may argue otherwise). ;) I would love to catch you up on the weddings I went to the first weekend in June, but I need to get some pictures from my mom to add to here first! So instead, I've decided to briefly re-cap my birthday.

My birthday was last Tuesday (6/8). I woke up (after sleeping in a bit) and my lovely roommates had made me a birthday sign. After bumming a round a bit and eating breakfast, I got ready for my day and headed off to work. At work my boss had me wear a button she had made that said, "How old?" Once again I was thankful for long hair because it covered it up for me. ;)

When I came home from work my mom had a suprise for me. A few days before my birthday I had asked for red velvet cupcakes from Scratch Bakery. The owner, Natalie, goes to my church and is in the process of opening her bakery downtown. Actually, the bakery is just around the corner from my work. (Insert shameless plug here: Check out her website! Click Here!) I was super excited to get these, especially since they were loaded with frosting which is my favorite. After that my parents, sister and I went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant...RUDY'S TACOS! Yum, yum, yum. I could eat their food all day if you let me. After Rudy's I went back to my apartment to share cupcakes with my roommates who gave me my gifts. It was really fun and I got some really nice things! On my way back home I dropped a cupcake off to my best friend Sarah at work.

When I got home I open presents from my parents. I'm so blessed to live in a household that is so generous with giving gifts whether it be for birthdays or holidays. This year I got a desk chair, a blender (smoothies!! :D), a gift certificate to Scratch, and a certificate that said my mom would buy me season three of Dawson's Creek when I showed her how to order it online. My sister got me a really nice running jacket and some pre-wrap. All in all, I was very pleased and came out with some great loot!

After that I just spent some time with my parents and sister watching TV and then headed to bed early, after watching an episode of Dawson's of course. I'm almost finished with season two for those of you keeping track and have successfully gotten my sister hooked. :)

Well, I just checked the radar and it appears that the rain is darn near out of here so I'm going to settle in and finish up an episode of Dawson's before going to sleep for the night. Good thing I don't have to be up early or else I might be tired tomorrow! Assuming you will all read this in the morning, have a wonderful day!

P.S. I apologize for the lack of pictures and abundance of words in this post. I'll do my best to liven it up next time!

1 comment:

  1. I hate thunderstorms, too. But I must have been stinking tired last night b/c I didn't even know it rained!! I guess that's what a sick baby who doesn't sleep much will do to you! :) Glad you had a great b'day!

    ReplyDelete