Hello out there!
I hope you all are having a stellar start to your weeks. I know I am. No school today left room for sleeping in, watching TV, and now I'm waiting to head to work in a couple hours. AND we got more snow this morning. I know, I know, I heard all of your groans, but I LOVE IT! :) What I'm not looking forward to though, are the super low temps predicted for this week. That really makes me not want to go to class.
This past weekend was a lot of relaxing fun. On Friday night, I went out to eat with my roommates to Beck's. I had never eaten a meal there before and the burger I had was divine. We then came back to the apartment and watched Harold and Maude (weird) and Stardust. I really recommend Stardust if you haven't seen it. My friend Abbey also came and joined us for the Stardust portion of the evening.
Saturday I slept in (sensing a trend?) and went to work. After work, my roommates and I went to Hobby Lobby to look at some decorations for our apartment and didn't have much luck. Gives us opportunity to try another day! After that we came back home, watched Miss America (Nebraska won..woo hoo midwest) and then some Jersey Shore.
Sunday consisted of church and our first super legit "family dinner." Abbey and Steph came too since we consider them "extended family." It was a lot of fun. We made this yummy penne pasta bake with Italian sausage and also had garlic bread and made homemade ice cream in a bag. Then we watched Matilda (which reminded me how much I LOVED that movie as a child) and the Princess Bride which I saw for the first time.
I meant to take some pictures of this weekend, especially of family dinner, but I got so busy cooking and talking with everyone so it didn't happen. Maybe next time. Anyways, I know this post was boring, but I just wanted to say hello and that I haven't forgotten my resolution to blog.
Since my posts seem to have a lack of picture and videos, I'll leave you with a song I really like from the movie Country Strong. I haven't seen it yet, but am hoping to go with my friend Liz soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment