Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Small Things

Today I've been thinking a lot about "the small things". Often times I hear "Don't sweat the small stuff," or "Pay attention to the small things." Today work was slow, and I found myself delighting in the small accomplishments or things of my week. I liked the things I came up with and think that it's important for me to remember them when my life gets crazy and busy. So, today take delight in my small things. :)

I've successfully showered everyday which means I've gone to class clean every day this week.

I've yet to have a "sweatpant" day.

I've made myself lunch and dinner everyday. (No cheating with eating out...though Jimmy Johns is beginning to tempt me...)

I've cleaned my room.

I've gotten all my homework assignments done.

I've exercised.

I've smiled and laughed.

I've eaten a cupcake.

I've delighted in the small things.

So here's a question for you. Looking back at your week, what small things make you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment