Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day One

This is my first official blog post and I couldn't be more excited. So if you're reading this on the first day, excuse the boring layout, but it's also 10:15 and night and I'm only getting started. Stay tuned for more excitement. :)

So what am I going to write about on here? Well, I've been toying with the idea of blogging for quite some time. I am in college and so much exciting stuff happens, even though I usually say nothing new, but I want to remember it all. Wouldn't it be neat to print something like this off for my daughter and give it to her at her high school graduation? Yes, I'm probably thinking way too far ahead.

So anyways, for my first blog I've decided to not write about my day and just let you readers (if there even are any) learn a little bit about me. To do this, I am going to write some lists. I am a list person, so if you're going to be following me in this blogging journey, either accept it or stop reading now. :)

This blog will be:
1. A place to keep track of my memories, thoughts, and anything else I decide to let float from my fingers.
2. My version of a journal since I have failed miserably at those in the past.
3. A way to let you learn a little bit more about me.
4. My newest hobby.

This blog will NOT be:
1. A place for me to procrastinate on homework (we will see about this one).
2. Where I will complain about all the things that aren't going well in my life. While it may happen that I talk about them from time to time, I promise it won't be a daily (or even weekly) occurrence.

I apologize in advance for:
1. Poor spelling and grammar. I'm NOT an English major nor do I plan to ever be one and I've never been really big on proofreading.
2. If some things don't post quite right at first. Remember, I'm new at this.

Feel free to:
1. Leave comments. Tell me about your college experience, leave thoughts on my post. Really, I'm game for anything.
2. Ask questions. What a better way to start off a blog post, especially if I am idealess.
3. Add me as a blog you like to read. If I'm putting it out there, I'm obviously not embarrassed to have you read it and have other people know about it.
---side bar: if you get to follow me, I get to follow you. :)

A few things you should know about me:
1. My name is Leah.
2. I'm a sophomore in college.
3. I love God, my Family, and my Friends and they are big pieces of my life.
4. Scrapbooking is more of an addiction than a hobby for me. ;)
5. Movie, books, and Music are all loves of mine.
6. Germs are not my friend, so don't ask me to share a drink with you.

I think this is about enough blogging for the first night. I'm about ready to finish up reading a bit of Utopia (Jealous, I know) and pop in an episode of House and get to bed early tonight. Yes, I am one of those college students who gets to bed at a decent hour and I'm proud of it. :D Thanks for sticking with me through my first official post. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment