
(Click on the picture to make it bigger)
Meet my second grade class! The woman in the background is not my teacher, but she was the student teacher I had that year. Her name was Miss Greenzweig. The only reason I'm lucky enough to remember her name or even much about her is because it's written on the back of the picture. :) I also hate to admit that while I can tell you most everybody's name in the picture there are a few that have slipped my mind. That's sad, I know. Also, apparently at the time we were studying the Drinking Gourd and the Underground Railroad. Something I don't remember, but don't you love the bulletin boards? :)
Now, onto my "flashback" for this picture. I think I'm going to just tell you a little bit about what I can remember from second grade. I had a fantastic teacher, who I would consider a mentor still today. While she no longer teaches and instead is the Children's Ministry director at my church, she was the woman who sparked the desire in me to become a teacher. And now, twelve years later, I'm in college to learn how to teach.
Unfortunately, second grade is a bit of a stretch back to remember a lot of the specifics. I do remember that my best friend Sarah was in my class which made it a lot of fun. I always loved having her in my class. I remember that each day when we came to class there was some sort of brain teaser on the board that we got the opportunity to figure out. Something else I remember was the drawers with the little blocks in it to serve as our behavior system. Yes, I did have to pull my drawer and stay in for class once. Why? Because I talked to much in class. Surprised? Didn't think so. ;) At the time though, I was devastated. One of the fun things we got to do was hatch a butterfly. Letting mine go, I remember wondering if we would ever see each other again. One of the silly things I remember is making the switch from a chalkboard to a whiteboard. Big deal, I know. ;)
I could probably write you a novel on other things that happened in second grade, but it's getting late and I'm feeling very tired. (I feel like all my posts end with me tired...maybe I'll try to mix it up someday) I hope you weren't disappointed with the first official Flashback Friday. I know I wasn't. I had a good time rummaging for this picture and remembering the fun times. You should also get excited, because I came across some sweet pictures that I can't wait to show you on Friday's to come.
Hope you enjoyed your Friday nights. I know I did. Have a super Saturday despite the predicted rain. :)
P.s. I forgot to ask. Did you or Can you find me in the picture? :D
Definitely found you right away...nice bangs! I might have to participate in Flashback Friday, cute idea!
ReplyDeleteLeah I am now even more excited for Fridays!!!! You guys were such cute 2nd graders! =] And question- was Summer sitting in your class and sitting in the front row of your picture?? ;)
ReplyDeleteHaha. Thanks guys! I'm glad you love the bangs Jamie. They were pretty stylish. And Leah -- Yes that is Summer!
ReplyDelete