Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things you say and do when doped up from your Wisdom Teeth

1. You cry uncontrollably.
2. You thank your mother for giving birth to you.
3. You tell your mother how much you love her repeatedly and stroke her face.
4. You don't stop talking even though the nurses tell you to.
5. The nurses tell you to stop talking or you'll get a dry socket, you then tell them that your friend Sarah had a dry socket.
6. You give lots of thumbs up.
7. You ask for your friend Johanna, many, many times. Many, many, many times.
8. You keep poking your lip because it's numb.
9. You ask where your sister is knowing full well she's in San Francisco.
10. You say hello to the doctor and then ask him if there are one or two of him.
11. You ask your mom for a hamburger because you are hungry.
12. You ask your mom for a coca-cola.
13. You repeatedly ask for a medium Mint Malt from 4 Queens.
14. Because you are crying, your mom cries.
15. The nurses try to get you to stop talking so they bring in a clipboard. Your mom asks you to write your name.
16. You beg to see the teeth you asked the surgeon to save.
17. You tell your mom you love her, and that you love your dad too. But you don't like a name I shall leave out.
18. As you wait at the door with the nurse for your mom to pull up you notice a Pringles can in the grass. You ask the nurse, "Is that a pringles can?" She responds, "Yes." You then ask, "Is there one or two of them?" She responds, "Only one."
19. When you get in the car, you notice the scratch an instrument made on your face. You then say, "What the hell happened to my face. Now blank boy will never love me."
20.In the car on the way home you continually inspect your arms because your confused where the iv went and why you're no longer strapped down.
21. Your mom asks you if you know where you are. You say "By Prairie Lake Church." She says, "Good." You respond, "If you don't want me to talk stop asking questions."
22. When you get home you manage to walk to the door by yourself. Impressive considering the list from above.

I'll post more about everything later, but I'm going to go try and eat more of my malt hoping that less dribbles down my face since I can feel my lip again.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha!!!! So basically I loved this! =] I wish this was on video! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I was an absolute mess too when I got my wisdom teeth out - I was already mom to Katarina at that point and boy did my hubby and daughter make fun of me later! Take your meds and get some rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... first of all- I didn't know you had a blog. Secondly... #19 seriously cracked me up!! Wisdom teeth out is no fun! I woke up after a long nap completely swollen and crazy looking. Hope you heal up quickly!!

    ReplyDelete