
This day was so much fun. The weather was sunny, although if I remember correct it was a little hot. My dad and I went on a really long bike ride which was probably one of my first. Since that bike ride, I've been hooked on those. As you can see from the picture, I also got a wee bit of a sunburn. Whoopsie! After the bike ride, I got ready to spend a great evening with friends.
My friends Sarah, Sally, and I went to Hy-Vee early in the afternoon to get the essentials (Cheddar Sour Cream chips for Sarah) for later in the night. When the time came we all joined together at Sally's house. We ordered pizza (not your typical meal, but so what?) and sang Taylor Swift songs in Sally's van when we went to pick it up. (Sal, if your reading this I really miss that van!) Those poor boys, their ears were probably bleeding. From there we hung out in Sally's basement, rode bikes down the street without shoes on, played basketball, and acted like teenagers.
When it came time for fireworks, we headed out to sit on the golf course. This is where the picture was taken. This picture is of my friend Nicole, Sarah, Me, and Sally. This picture to me is so perfect. It caught us all off guard (except for maybe Sal) but it's a great way to sum up how much fun I remember this day being. We sat on the range of the golf course so before we watched we took lots of crazy pictures (if you want to see them you can find them on my Facebook MANY pages back) and afterwords we had contests to see who could throw the stray golf balls furthest.
After the fireworks, I don't really remember what else happened. Just like I couldn't tell you everyone who was there, what funny thing was said to prompt this reaction in this picture, and a few other details. This day wasn't anything special aside from being July 4th, but it's just one of those days that you can remember because you felt good and the day itself was spent in good company.
As I wrap up this post all I can do is sit here and smile. I want more days like those. Not that I don't have them, but I feel like school has been super stressful lately and I just haven't had time to spend a day full of laughing, bike rides, and friendship. And as much as I love winter, these memories also are getting me pumped for warm weather so I can spend more time outside soaking up the sun (and hopefully avoiding a sunburn!)
As you go to sleep tonight (or if you're reading this in the A.M. -- as you go through your day) I dare you to think of a time or day that really made you smile. Smiling is good for the soul and it wouldn't hurt if we all tried doing it a little more. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment