1. Exactly two years ago from today I graduated from High School. That is so weird to say out loud. I look back at these past two years and wonder where the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday that I was riding in Kelsey's car up to the McCleoud center to get ready for graduation. How crazy is it to think about the people you don't talk to much anymore, the new friends you've made, and all the various life choices made between then and now. Not to mention the fact that I'm two years older.

2. Also on this day 2 years ago the F5 tornado ripped through Parkersburg. I have always been one that is terrified of storms, and this day definitly didn't help. To drive through and see no leaves on the trees and houses demolished was just unreal. One of the positives from this storm was the way everyone came together. It was really neat to see the way various communities pitched in to help clean up, donate money, or time to help Parkersburg and the people heal.
May 25, 2008 will be a day that I don't plan on soon forgetting.
So, after a somewhat depressing not very light-hearted post, I'll leave you with the Vitamin C "Graduation (Friends Forever)" song from the 90's!

No comments:
Post a Comment