Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Smooth Smoothie

Last Friday I was shopping at T.J. Max and stumbled upon this:


Tonight I made my first smoothie from the book. I've decided to share it with you because it was mighty tasty if I do say so myself! I did tweak the recipe a little bit so I've listed both the original and my version below. They are marked so it shouldn't be confusing!


Original Fruit Kefir

Serves 4

1 Banana
1 Cup Strawberries, Halved
1 Cup Peach Yogurt
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Cup Apple Juice, Chilled

1. Peel the banana and slice it directly into the food processor or blender.
2. Add the strawberries, yogurt, and honey and process until smooth. With the motor running, pour in the apple juice through the hole in the lid.
3. Pour into chilled glasses and serve.

Leah's Fruit Kefir
Serves 3-4 (big cups :D)

1 Banana
1 Generous Cup Frozen Strawberries, Whole
1 Cup Peach Yogurt
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Cup Apple Juice, Chilled
Enough ice to reach preferred consistency

1. Peel the banana and slice it directly into the blender.
2. Add the strawberries, yogurt, and honey and blend until smooth. With the motor running, pour in the apple juice through the hole in the lid.
3. Add ice cubes until desired consistency is reached.
4. Pour into glasses fresh from the cupboard and serve.



I basically only changed the type of strawberries used and added ice. When I had only added what the book told me, I wasn't pleased with the super runny consistency and wanted to "beef" it up which explains the ice addition. The strawberries being frozen also help prevent too much juciyness. Oh, and I also didn't chill any cups ahead of time. ;)

I didn't successfully take any pictures of the finished product. I had my mom's camera and it doesn't always take the best pictures (I'm not insulting her, she openly admits this). If you decide to ever try this let me know what you think either on here or Facebook if you're my friend!



Leah's Fruit Kefir Earns:
Five out of Five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment