Today was what I would consider my first "official" day of summer. Let me recap it for you briefly in list fashion (my favorite) as I am headed to bed.
1. Wake up and get ready to go to my class. Get to Schindler and start to panic because nobody's in the classroom. Get on a computer quick and check the room number. Yup, its right. Finally give up and find the office 10 minutes after the class should have started. At this point, I'm hot, flustered, and starting to panic. The nice lady in the office ends her phone call to pull out the sheet and say "Oh, honey, the class isn't until June." Sweet. So I proceed to walk back out to my car, go home and double check. Yup. Feeling pretty silly. Needless to say, I'm dropping the class in June and plan on taking 17 hours in the fall.
2. Now what to do with my morning? Chow down on some frosted flakes, watch a little TV, and then decide to spend some time wandering through the shops downtown. After making it through 1.5 shops the phone rings. Proceed to #3.
3. My friend Sarah's boyfriend calls. "Hello Brandon" "Hi Leah, what are you up to?" "Just doing a little shopping. You?" "Well, I've locked myself out of my apartment. Would you be able to help me? Sarah is at work" "Sure." This could get interesting. We proceed to get a truck, get a ladder, and Brandon climbs up his balcony to the door which is unlocked. I tried to snap a picture, but he was a little to quick. Success. Since we have the truck, we may as well go and get a table someone is giving him to use next year. Read number 4.
4. Try table through door number 1. 1/2 way through, we realize this in fact will not fit. Beep, beep, beep. We manage to make it out of the front door. After this we take the table and chairs to Brandon's current apartment. At this point it is beginning to sprinkle.
5. Mom calls. The power is out at home. Okay? Well, she can't find the key. At this point I was on the way to my friend Ali's. I turn around. On the way home I get a call that a friends power now works. Call mom and tell her to try the garage again. It works. Turn around, again.
6. Work with Ali and Abby to make Ali's brothers open house invite. Dig through embarassing baby pictures of Johnny and find some that will work. Head off to Copyworks only to be told that we need permission from Lattin to use his football picture. Call Lattin to get permission. Denied. "We offer these services so we don't give out permission." Sweet. Still working on plan B.
7. My night was much more low key. Ate dinner, ran to my apartment, and hung out with Ali and Abby and watched a couple movies. Although when leaving tonight I had to run to my car in the pouring rain.
What an interesting day. How did you spend your Monday (or first day of summer?)
P.S. Anyone else think this cold and rainy weather is lame? I'm a fan of the cooler temps most of the time, but it would be nice if it actually felt like summer.
I agree with you on the weather. It's freezing! I don't want to see people in their winter coats! I don't need the extremely hot and humid weather but I would like to walk around in shorts and a t-shirt. ;) And as far as my first official day of summer I just cleaned and went to practice. And for a plan B... you could see if he had time and was able to get his football uniform/gear and you guys take a picture of him. That way you only need your permission, and I'm pretty sure you'd give yourself permission. :P Just an idea! =] Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete