Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ten

Ten things I have to say:

1. SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! Well, at least it was for a few days. I start a class tomorrow, but it's only M-Th for 2 hours a day and only lasts a month. After that I have one online, but that doesn't really "feel" like school as much.

2. Sorry for my lack of flashbacks these past few weeks. I'll try to do my best to catch up this week, or at least give you one semi-flashback before Friday so there are 2 this week. But I'm not going to make any promises.

3. I bought the first two seasons of Dawson's Creek from Target today. I was just thinking the other day how I would love to watch them (I've seen a few from days that I was home sick and they played re-runs) from start to finish. While at Target with my mom and sister I found the first to seasons in a 2-pack offer for only 20 bucks. Talk about a deal! I wonder if I can pace myself with these. Sometimes when I get hooked on a TV on DVD series, it's basically all I do. But then again, looking forward the the forecast, it might be alright.

4. One month from yesterday (May 8th) I turn 20. Weird to think I won't be a teenager anymore.

5. Today was mothers day. I hope you all did something special for your moms! Hannah and I made mom lunch, gave her a gift (scrapbook carrier and gift certificate to buy flowers) and spent some time with her at Target (p.s. thanks for buying me that dress!). I wish I had a picture of us to put on here, but I don't and I'm at home so I can't scan anything in. I just want to say I love you Mommy! Thanks for giving birth to me. ;)

6. Today I watched way too any episodes of Gene Simmons Family Jewels. I don't know why. I think I just sat down and it sucked me in. To be honest, it wasn't too bad. I don't know much about him, but I've seen snippets of them before and found it to be pretty amusing. You gotta love rockin' and rollin' all night. ;)

7. Do your know how often Sweet Home Alabama has been on TV in the past few weeks? Do you know how much I am NOT sick of that movie. I think Reese Witherspoon is delightful and the male leads in the movie aren't too bad on the eyes. I would say I would buy it, but it's on TV enough I haven't decided, although TV always cuts parts out. (hint hint for those of you scrounging for birthday ideas -- not that I'm expecting a gift)

8. I re-painted my toenails today. Not that you want to know that. But it always really makes it feel like summer when I know my toes are sandal ready, even though I never let them go unpainted even in the winter (unpainted toes = pet peeve). \

9. I subbed in Sunday School at church today. I had four boys, who are very good boys, but happen to all know each other well when they get together which, if you know boys, becomes rambunctious. I ended up bribing them with a quarter for good behavior (I didn't have candy on me) and they sort of shaped up. I felt bad for the little girl in the group though, she was quiet and because I was the only leader, she lost a little bit of my attention. I did decide that when I have children, I want all girls (this is probably a lie). ;)

10. I'm feeling like I need some new workout music. I listen to some of the same stuff on repeat and it's always nice to mix it up. Especially when I'm running a lot lately (although I've slacked this weekend). Feel free to leave some suggestions. I like things fast paced and interesting. So feel free to leave me some suggestions. You never know, it may be an artist I've never heard of and I might just love them too! :)

Have a wonderful, stress-free week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leah - Kyle loves Dawson's creek too (funny - i know!). I think we have ALL the seasons....so once you are done with seasons 1 & 2 and can't find / don't want to buy the rest, let us know at church and we can bring you the next season! :)

    ReplyDelete