Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today, Flashback, and the Weather

I feel like I have been awake forever and it's only a little after 7 pm. I was up at 6:30 to run 6 miles with the marathon team at church (someday I'll write about this, I swear!). I'm pleased to say I accomplished this feat with flying colors. After that I came home, iced my legs, attempted to take a short nap (but never really slept), showered and headed off to work. I worked for what felt like 5 long, long, hours and then came home and ate dinner. Now I'm just catching up on some blog reading and waiting for a friend to text me to hang out tonight. I don't know if I'll even be able to make it to 9 o'clock. Granted, I'm feeling more awake than expected, but pretty sure it's been eons since I've gotten up before 8:00. Ahh, such is the life of a college student.

Anyways, I realize I didn't do a Friday night flashback, so that's my reason for writing this evening. Here it goes.


Welcome to my 1st grade birthday party. I had a Teddy Bear Tea. Everyone who came had to wear dress-up clothes and bring a teddy bear. If I remember correctly, we were served cutsie sandwiches and "tea". I thought this party was so cool. I was the only one who ever used this theme as a birthday party, aside from my younger sister who got to have one when she was in 1st grade. At this party I would have been turning 7. It is so funny to look at the people who were invited to this party. Out of all of them (my sister not included) I still regularly only talk to one person, Sarah, and that almost doesn't count since she's been my best friend since kindergarten. What's the reason for reflecting on a 7 year old birthday party? Well, twenty-four days from today I turn 20. Isn't that crazy to think about? I will no longer be a teenager. I will officially be able to say I am in my 20's. I don't even know how I feel about it. It makes me feel so old. I'm 1/2 way done with college and almost 20 years old. The real world comes on way too fast. I feel like just last week I got my license and yesterday I graduated from High School. Okay, enough with being nastalgic or whatever you would call it!

Looking ahead to the week we have some pretty nice weather coming:

(Courtesy of KWWL)

So get out there and enjoy it! Plant some flowers, go on a bike ride, or have a picnic. No matter what you do, soak it up! :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Cute picture!! ;)
    2. LOVE the weather that's coming up!!! =]
    3. =]

    ReplyDelete