Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You were a good spoon...

Today I made smoothie number 3. Along with smoothie number 3, I had interesting smoothie making experience number 1, which means tonight you get a recipe & a funny story. I'll start with the recipe first.



Blueberry Dazzler
Serves 3 Medium Cups

3/4 Cups Apple Juice
1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
1 Banana
1/2-2 Cups Frozen Blueberries
Sugar to taste
Ice to desired consistency

1. Pour the apple juice and yogurt into the blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Add the banana and half the blueberries. Blend until smooth.
3. Add remaining blueberries and desired amount of ice. Blend and add sugar to taste. Continue adding sugar and ice until satisfied with taste and consistency.
4. Pour into glasses and serve.




Overall, the smoothie flavor was pretty good. My biggest problem with it was the amount of seeds. Since it had both blueberries and a banana, the drink was pretty seedy and each sip contained a lot more, which made it seem gritty. Also, the recipe above didn't quite make as much as the previous two, which was also sort of a bummer. The lack of smoothie is what led to interesting smoothie situation number 1.

I decided that since it didn't make much, I would whip up a second batch because I had plenty of materials. As I am working on this, the blender doesn't seem to be blending quite as well. My dad tells me to stick a wooden spoon in and mix it around. I don't think to turn the blender off and do this, instead I stick the spoon in through the opening in the lid and stir around doing my best to avoid the blades. Low and behold, I end up catching the wooden spoon anyways. Below is a picture of the aftermath.


Yup, I caught the spoon. Ahh, only would I do something like that. I guess we all need to have interesting cooking experiences. My dad was brave enough to eat the batch that the spoon broke into and ended up finding quite a few chunks. I thought it was nice of him. ;) I guess that's Living Life Leah!

Blueberry Dazzler Earns
Three out of Five Stars!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Leah! I think that's something that might happen to me too. :P I enjoy reading about your smoothing making experiences. I'm tempted to try one of these sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete